I'm a full stack web developer, with over 10 years of experience working remotely, with a have a strong knowledge of online advertising. I'm extremely passionate about Web Development, and I have a talent for solving problems. My career goal is to use technology to solve problems people didn't even realise they had.
Here is a sample of a few projects I have worked on professionally. All figures have been edited or redacted, and are for example only.
- MiStats - A consolidated reporting solution, combining data from multiple sources
- Creative Uploader - A bulk advertising creative creation tool, including flash bytecode analysis to find clickTags
- Line Item Changer - Bulk edit advertising campaigns - An elegant single page, AJAX based application
I like to keep my skills sharp by programming in my spare time
I have experience with each of the following technologies and skills:
- Full LAMP (Linux, Apache/NGINX/Lighttpd, Mysql, PHP) stack
- Linux Server Administration
- MVC Frameworks - Symfony, Laravel, Django, Ruby on Rails
- Job Queues - Gearman
- Web Scraping
- Restful APIs - Developing and Using
- Soap Services
- Key Value Stores - Memcached, Redis
- Blog Platforms - Wordpress, Jekyll
- Server-side Scripting - PHP, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Amazon Web Services(AWS)
- Testing - Behat, PHPUnit, Cucumber
- CSS Preprocessors - SASS, LESS
- HTML frameworks - Bootstrap, 960GS
- Templating Systems - Twig, Blade, Jinja2, EJS, Mustache, Handlebars
- Version Control - GIT
- 4+ years experience with the Right Media (RMX) advertising API
- Actionscript 3
- C# & .Net
July 2014 - Present
ActiveCampaign is a marketing platform focused on email marketing & marketing automation for small businesses, with over 100,000 happy customers.
- Refactored legacy code to modern standards
- Created a bulk editing system allowing mass changes to thousands of contacts
- Had a major role in developing and maintaining a drag and drop email designer, possibly the most sophisticated WYSIWYG email designer on the market.
- Worked on building attributions pipelines, to help users better understand where contacts and conversions have come from
December 2012 - July 2014
Media Shakers is a large online advertising company, focused on Publishers. During my work at MediaShakers, two major accomplishments have been developing multiple tools to streamline the creation of, and editing of, advertising campaigns. What used to be an all day task for multiple people, can now be completed by one person in under an hour. I also set up monitoring software to track the performance of campaigns, so that accurate optimization and reach analysis can be performed.
- Created a report indexing system, in C#, that automatically pulled daily data from client systems
- Designed and implemented a bulk editing tool, that allowed complex mass changes to be made to multiple campaigns in a fraction of the time required to do it manually.
- Manually checking click tags for flash banners was time consuming and error prone, so I developed a tool that would automatically disassemble flash files into bytecode, and then perform inspections to verify the existence of functional click tags
November 2008 - November 2012
Media Impacts is an online advertising network. During my work at Media Impacts, some of my tasks included:
- Creating landing pages
- Building custom reporting solutions, pulling data from multiple systems
- Automating manual tasks
September 2006 - October 2008
I first entered the field of Web Development by creating websites from scratch, both front and back end. My most notable achievement was the building of ImageChan, which I sold in October of 2008. At its peak, ImageChan had 30,000 unique visitors per day, and had a US Alexa rank of 18,000.
Creating a high traffic, social website from scratch gave me strong experience in each stage of Web Development, from Server Administration, Database Architecture and Optimization, to SEO, Growing traffic through Social media and analysing traffic sources.